Lea Katherine Thompson


Thompson was born on May 31, 1961, in Rochester, Minnesota,[ one of five children born to Clifford Thompson and Barbara Barry Thompson, a musician. Thompson has two older sisters, Coleen Goodrich (and Shannon Katona) and two brothers younger than her, Barry and Andrew. Her mother is of Irish descent.She trained in ballet as a young girl, and was dancing professionally by the age of 14 and was awarded scholarship opportunities to San Francisco Ballet, the Pennsylvania Ballet, and the American Ballet Theatre.When she was 20 years old and dancing professionally with American Ballet Theatre's Studio Company (then known as ABT II), the time was right to make a decision on whether she would move to the main company. Mikhail Baryshnikov who was then the artistic director, told her "You're a lovely dancer however, you're a bit bulky." She described the incident as "my epiphany" which led her to end her dancing career and become an ballet dancer. It was a truly memorable event. Without it, I'd have been beating my head against the wall for another 10plus years. "The actress changed her concentration to acting.Moving to New York at age 20, she performed in a variety of Burger King advertisements in the 1980s alongside Sarah Michelle Gellar and Elisabeth Shue who would later be her co-star in Back to the Future Part II and Back to the Future Part III.CareerThompson began her home-media screen debut in 1982 as Cecily "Sissy" Loper in the interactive live-action video game MysteryDisc Murder, Anyone? and also her debut film in 1983, with Jaws 3-D. The film was described by her as "the the very first movie that I've ever watched, but I made up my mind and claimed I had done several other films, so when I showed up, I was really the basics of. Also, I'd claimed that I could water ski. It wasn't the case. Then I was given, say, five days to learn the most complicated water-skiing techniques, as I was expected to participate in the Sea World water-skiing show. I don't even know how to swim!" She followed this up with All the Right Moves (1983), Red Dawn (1984) as well as The Wild Life (1984).






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful pics of Benedetta Mazza and Beth Behrs feet & legs

Jennifer Coolidge Bio

Elizabeth Mitchel